Saturday, January 19, 2013

A New Year


     All the trimmings are back in their boxes and safely stowed away until next Christmas. My tree sits alone and twinkly in the living room, awaiting a pair of storage bags. Once it is tucked safely inside, it will dwell in the garage for another year. It is a little sad in its lonesomeness but it is also acting as a buffer between all the glimmer that was and all the somewhat drab that is.

     I am returned from a lovely visit with my son in southern CA and this first week of 2013 has almost passed. I am astonished by the speed with which each new day approaches. I felt the same exactly one year ago and the fact that another year has dawned and has begun its swift passage has me determined to make each and every day as important and productive as I possibly can.

     I have cleaned up most of the fall and early winter debris from the yard. The birds are gleefully picking off the earthworms I uncovered with my rake.

     So I am now gazing at the flames in my fireplace. It is raining and I am glad to have beaten the wet.

     I am full of ideas and plans. We go to IDEX in April and I will be ready.

     I need to re-mold a new head and a major fabric buying trip is imminent.

     Please take a moment to visit my web site linked below and be sure to go to Yahoo and sign up for my First to Know Group - The Secret Garden - for new dolls and doll news.

Have a happy New Year and let me hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment